- DMX: The digital signal that tells the lighting what to do. Consists of 255 DMX Channels, each with 255 levels and all together it’s called a Universe.
- DMX Channels: Also referred to as “DMX Address”. Each stage light is assigned one of these which tells us where it lives in the universe. Each light has X amount of channels it takes up in your universe. Each control channel (Movement, Brightness, Color, Gobo, Etc) takes up a channel.
- Universe: 512 Channels make up one universe. This is the maximum amount of channels that can fit on one chain of DMX.
- Stage Lighting: Also referred to as “Fixture”. Refers to the club/show lighting run by your DMX Lighting software.
- GrandMA 2: The Lighting software on your computer that runs your lighting system.
- Atmospherics: Refers to the effects used in the air, including: Fog, Haze, Cryo, Dry Ice, Etc.
- Dimmer: Refers to the brightness of a fixture.